His academic qualifications reflect his multifaceted interest and his profound brilliance in achieving the highest honours in every educational endeavour. He passed his Matriculation from Bihar School Examination Board, Patna in the year 1991 with distinction. He repeated the same feat of distinction in 1993 for his Intermediate Examinations from Bihar Intermediate Education Council, Patna. He then went on to pursue a degree in Chemistry in the year 1997 from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, UP. His keen interest in exploring varied fields of education then led him to pursue a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in Marketing in the year 2000 from Ranchi University, Ranchi, where he bagged the second topper in university. He further spread his wings to a new domain of knowledge when he achieved an LLB degree in the year 2003 from Chotanagpur Law College under the Ranchi University. His final feather in the cap came in the form of Ph.D from the University Department of Commerce and Business Management, Ranchi University, based on his research paper entitled: “Problems and Prospects of Advertising in a Tribal Region – A Case Study of Jharkhand”.Dr. Shahid Akhter has adorned several positions of honour in the past, some of which include:
- Professor as a Faculty of Commerce & Business Management, Jharkhand Rai University, Ranchi
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Commerce & Business Management, Jharkhand Rai University, Ranchi
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Management Studies, Ranchi University, Ranchi - Head Of the Department in Marketing studies, Institute of Management Studies, Ranchi University, Ranchi. This included functioning as In-charge of Placement Cell for both M.B.A & M.Com Course and as a Public Relation Officer. Additionally he had the responsibility of Industrial Training, Educational Tour, S.I.P & Library of M.B.A Department of Ranchi University
- Chairman of Jharkhand State Minorities Commission with status equivalent to cabinet minister..
- Court Member (Chief Rector Nominee) Aligarh Muslim University , Aligarh..
He has served his positions with dignity and honour, leaving an emphatic impression among all those with whom he had interacted.
Today, Dr. Shahid Akhter holds esteemed positions in several institutions. It is his constant endeavour to provide valuable inputs in the overall development of the institution he adorns.
. The varied responsibilities that he has been bestowed with include:
- Professor, Centre of Management Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Senior Advisor, Univertsity Placement Cell , Jamia Millia Islamia
- Member, Institutional Research Ethical Committee , Jamia Millia Islamia .
- Vice Chairman, NCPUL under Ministry of Human Resource Development Govt. of India.
- Court Member (Visitor, President of India Nominee) of Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Member, Project Approval Board (PAB) for Scheme for Providing Education to Madarasas / Minorities, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
- Chancellor’s Nominee for Member Board of Governors of Jharkhand Rai University
- Court Member (Visitor, President of India Nominee) Indira Gandhi Tribal University, Amarkantak, M.P.
Dr. Shahid Akhter’s ideas and in-depth in understanding of different subjects is indeed a learning process for others . This is why more than 50 international and national seminars and workshops have been blessed by his august presence.
He has produced four Ph.D. Scholars and many research scholars are doing their research work under his guidance.
For his exemplary contribution in different fields, Dr. Shahid has been honoured with several honours and accolades. So far, he has received more than 10 honours and awards of distinction
– both national and international.
His eminence has placed him as a member of various reputable committees and positions involving education sports, celebrations. Some of his prominent memberships include being a member of Alumni Affairs Committee of Aligarh Muslim University; Organising Committee of Badminton event at the 34th National Games in 2011; Joint organizing Chairman of 15th Federation Senior Atheletics Championships of Jharkhand Atheletics Association, Jharkhand; General Secretary ,Khidmat Charitable Society, Ranchi Jharkhand; Life Member, Jharkhand State Cricket Association; Life Member , India Islamic Culture Centre , New Delhi, Life member of Indian Commerce Association and Indian Journal of commerce; member of Golf club , Cockerel Army cantonment , Depatoli , Ranchi and so on.Dr. Shahid Akhter has been a role model for the youth on how they may channelise their knowledge in the right direction and bring accolades for themselves as well as influence others to build their lives in a better way.